Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanks for giving blood

Have I told you that I love you recently? Well I do.  This blog is going to be awfully short because I'm blogging on my friend's computer right now; shout-out to Mitchell for letting me use his Mac.  (I am Macally-incapable by the way.)  Today was a really relaxing day.  I woke up to the smell of macaroni & cheese and other goodies.  Then my mother and I watched "Fairly Odd Parents," right before she left for work (tear).  Soon thereafter, my grandmother hollered for Gabriella and I to join her and our grandfather in her dining room.  I was very selective this Thanksgiving.  I had mac & cheese, stir-fried strings beans  (with caramelized onions), candied yams, a turkey leg, apple cider, egg nog and two dinner rolls.  This is considered a little bit since I also visited my uncle's house after we ate in my grandmother's dining room.
In addition to my elaborate dining today I've recently started to watch the HBO series "True Blood."
  
(You've probably seen these ads everywhere.)
It's about this town in Louisiana and how the react and interact with vampires coming into mainstream America.  In the series somehow scientists have created a synthetic form of blood that gives vampires "blood" without the cost of human life.  It covers many themes like racism, sexism, sass, sex, politics and more.  It's a great series and I've been trying to catch up with the series with my HBO OnDemand so I won't be in the dark when I return to campus.
With that being said, I'm gonna give you the quote of the day (Nov. 28th):

"In order to experience something new and beautiful it usually requires us to leave our comfort zones.  Don't be afraid to be yourself.  You're beautiful and you are capable of anything you believe you can achieve."

I wish you all the best on Black Friday because I am staying home.  No old ladies are gonna shank me for a cashmere sweater at Nordstrom.  Stay true pretties.

Lately,
Gabriel Anderson

No comments: