Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009: Off to A Great Start

Hello pretties. I thought it would take awhile for me to get back into the flow of blogging but I love talking about myself lol. More importantly, I like sharing my life with you beautiful creatures. Speaking of appreciating beauty I find myself becoming more and more emotional, as days go by.

I find myself crying at the end of every movie, even when the endings are completely predictable. The first time I remember crying at the end of a movie was "Dinosaurs." The next time I remember really crying was when I saw "Rent," but that's a given. But what's bad is one of my favorite movies "V for Vendetta," made me cry three times when I first saw it in theaters. Three frikkin times, I started crying; not like tearing-up but hysterical "I have a headache" type of crying. I've recently seen the movie "Seven Pounds" and I cried during the last thirty minutes of the movie...and it took me an extra twenty minutes to stop crying after the movie. My emotions tire me. But what doesn't tire me are Will Smith movies; more specifically the movie "Hancock."


This movie is a phenomenal depiction of the modern-day superhero. I find it weird that every superhero that we know (Superman, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, Batman, Flash, etc.) automatically grasps the concept of accepting their fate as a superhero. "Hancock" shows the true story and struggle of a superhero that wishes to be human; a human without the responsibility of being the hero for every ill deed. Later on in the movie (of course) Hancock realizes that his job is to be the hero everyone needs. I wish I had a superhero to call.

On other topics, I just watched "This Christmas"

for the first time and I really enjoyed it. (Yes, I teared-up a little bit at the end. Movies just get to me.) What really made me like "This Christmas" was it was a stupendous showcase of A-A's (African-Americans). The usual stereotypes (drug dealing, overuse of slang, uneducated, broken families, fried chicken, etc.) weren't present; I'm glad the writers and director didn't indulge into the "dark side" of cinema, in this film. In addition, the dialogue was witty (at times) with its wordplay and innuendos. I love good dialogue.

In regards to good dialogue I've recently started (as in Dec. 31st) talking to this guy Christoph, who is super hot and is very intelligent. He wanted me to come over on the early morning of New Year's but I decided we should be good boys. (Did I really just type that in this blog? Wooooohuh!) I think he might be a good start for me in 2009. He seems responsible and funny...two things I look for in an interest.

Anyway, I didn't get to talk about my New Year's Resolution in my last post. My New Year's Resolution is to start this new diet. It's called "I'll-kill-myself-if-I-look-fat-in-my-21st-birthday-pictures" diet.

For the next eight months (starting tomorrow or course lol because I want some junk food) I'm going to bodysculpt and cut down on my portions. I'm going to be 345,565,564,321,678,787 times sexier than I am now. Aow! I can't wait for my 21st birthday...just how I can't wait to give you the quote for today, Jan 2nd:
"Family is our true support system. Without them as an emotional cushion, we can't survive in the world. Cherish your family and tell them you love them today. If it so happens that your family isn't the emotional cushion you need...start your own family; this is your life by the way."
With that being said, it's time for me to head to bed. I wish you the best of happiness. Stay true pretties.
Peace, love and Obama,
Gabriel Anderson

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I know what you mean, I cry about EVERY movie... I won't even go to the theater anymore for a movie I know will make me cry hahah. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!