Thursday, January 15, 2009

...fifteen grande Caramel Macchiatos later

Good morning precious! I can't believe tomorrow will be the last day of my internship with HarperCollins. It was fun being a responsible adult; working from 9 to 5, sitting in production/planning meetings and guzzling coffee. What I'm going to miss most is my boss (Daphne) and her assistant (Edie). They are such phenomenal people and I'm so glad I was given the chance to work under them; it's been everything delightful! Also, I'd like to give a shout-out to Lisa for actually putting me onto this fabulous internship. Without you Lisa, the world wouldn't be as beautiful.
I've learned so much from this experience and I am forever grateful. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!



OFF TO THE SASS!

It's snowing today and you know how much I love the snow. I just love Winter. Anyway, since it's snowing the 6 train decided to go extra slow...but the conductor would abruptly slam on the brakes at every train station. (This so happened when I was trying to sit down.) My rear-end was about two inches away from the train seat and ERRRRRRK...conductor slamed down on the brakes...



nearly throwing me into the lap of a lady. She looked so pissed that I couldn't restrain my laugh, when I blurted an embarrassed "Sorry." I would have been pissed too if someone large-framed and dapper tried to sit on my lap lol.

Anyway, I was supposed to go to a screening for "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" last night (because I'm not paying to see it) but the odds were against me. My friend Melrose can't read "change of plan" text messages so I was in the line by myself...until I was over it. (Sorry Melrose...I blame you.)

Overcome by gloom I decided the only thing to do was to shop...

away. And did I?
I bought this beige fedora,


a messenger bag (that will serve as my new gym bag),

and this chic sweater from Le Chateau.


I was so over the "Mall Cop" screening after my mini shopping spree. Retail therapy cures any ailment. I bet most political battles could be settled if people just came together to sit in the front row of Sass & Bide's Spring collection (which I haven't seen yet...bad Gabriel lol).



OH! I have a new word of the week for you. The new word of the week is...
Assassinista: One who is anything but frivolous in regards to fashion; a marksmen of style; Gabriel Anderson.* (was that a shameless plug? lol).
Ex. "I'm so glad Michelle Obama is improving her style. She'll be an assassinista in no time."


*(I heard the phrase "assassinista" in a planning meeting...but it was used in a different context.)

Speaking of fierce, let's get to the quote of the day (Jan 15th):

"Miscommunication is the fault of all included parties. (Unfortunately) No one is psychic so don't depend on others to read your exact thoughts. Talk it out, start over and move on with your beautiful life."

With that being said, I have to communicate with my "father" to increase my funds before I have to head back to Hartford. Anywho, I wish you the best of happiness. Stay true duckies.

Peace, love & Obama,
Gabriel Anderson

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you monica <3

R.J. A said...

Hey Gabe. I couldnt find your blog about the red cross so I decided to post this here. It's an article about philly's view on it. Happy last day interning... I'm not ready to give up my cube :(

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/20090115_Ronnie_Polaneczky__Ban_on_blood_from_gay_donors_must_go.html

R.J. A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.