Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Let's Be Adults About This

Duckies!!!
I am soooo sorry for leaving you in the dark for so long.
A lot has happened.

About a month ago I came into work and one of my co-workers told me that someone called and left a message.  Upon seeing the message scribbled on a piece of paper, I saw the name and didn't recognize it as it any of the couples I've had so far.  But when I saw the number left, I knew who it was.  It was a 1-888 number, with an extension...only meaning one thing.  Student Loans had contacted my job because they discovered that I was finally working again!
Luckily, none of my co-workers knew who this person was so I didn't have the plight of being publicly embarrassed.  However, it doesn't stop there.  Recently--I'll say about a few weeks ago--I received a phone call from a number I didn't recognize and I picked up because something told me I should.  The conversation went as such:

Me:  Hello?
Mystery Person: Hello, is this the household of Gabriel Anderson?
Me: (sighing) Yes, it is.
Mystery Person: Hi, Gabriel.  My name is Sarah.  I'm calling in regards to your Student Loans from Blah-Blah Inc.  I'm calling to let you know that we've discovered you have been recently employed by Bed Bath & Beyond.  Is this correct?
Me: (pausing to stop my heart from pounding) Yes, this is correct.
Sarah:  Well, because of the status of your student loans and your recent employment, if we do not come to an agreement this week, my company will be forced to garnish your wages.

Once I heard this I surrendered.

Me: Sarah, just tell me what I have to do.  I'm all yours.  We don't have to do this.  I was just waiting for the right time to call you guys.

I was being awfully garrulous, just so I could keep my hard-earned money.  I love my job and Student Loans was about to take my fruits of labor away from me.  Fortunately, I was able to make a monthly agreement with them and all is dandy.

Speaking of work...I GOT A PROMOTION!
I'm still in my "probation period" at work, meaning to see if they want to keep me as an employee or not, and I got promoted to a full-time Bridal Consultant.  (I was hired as a part-time Consultant.)  This opportunity is rare.  People who have been in this department longer than I have don't even have this type of employment yet.  I haven't even been working three months in my department and I'm already seen as a superstar.  I'm not tooting my own horn because I am not arrogant.  But I must say when I go to work, I do just that: work.  Yes, I do socialize with my co-workers but that isn't what I was employed to do.  I was given a job to perform and I do my damned best to do it as efficiently and as masterfully as I can.  I am still learning and I can't thank my supervisors and managers enough for this incredible opportunity.  Since I'm now a full-time Consultant I am now eligible to receive medical and dental benefits, and later on (I believe) 401K and life insurance.

In other news, I have a date with that dude I was talking about in my last post.  We're going to see "The Purge" this Friday and then we're going out for a meal and drinks.
I think Friday is going to be splendid because I am looking forward to seeing the movie, which premise is quite remarkable.  In the film the world's government (or just the United States, I don't know) all crime is legal for twelve hours out of the year, this period of time being "The Purge."  In the trailer a family is securing their house, which they have reinforced somehow with bunker-like foundations.  However, that doesn't stop a group of maniacs from paying them a visit.  I can't wait to see it.

So I finally ordered my mattress and it should be arriving at my house tomorrow!!!
I cannot wait to christen the bed with my sexy body...and if I'm lucky my date LOL.
So when my bed comes and when I get a seating area for my chair and finish creating my galvanized-trash-can-table I will post the pictures of my room.  I'm sooooooooo thrilled!
(I couldn't help myself.  This picture was too cute.)
Also, I've come up with a great idea to purchase two bicycle wheel collages, from my job, as art pieces.  I'm going to print out my favorite pictures/moments from FaceBook and any original photos I have lying around, convert them to black and white and make them into statement pieces.  My room is so fetching.

Speaking of fetching, I've come up with a name for the dog I'm going to get for myself: the Pembroke Welsh Corgi.
Well I've decided what to name him.  I'm going to name him Achilles Reginald Gardner.  Such a prestigious name, right?!  He's gonna be so spoiled and well-mannered.

Anyway, enough about me.  Let's get to the Word of the Week.
Narnians (pronounced nar-nee-ins): someone who is "in the closet" or denies their true sexual desires; a "down-low" or undercover person; one who cannot accept their true self.
Example:  "Sometimes I question Daryl's true self.  Whenever he drinks he's very touchy-feely with his guy friends.  He's totally a narnian."

Now it's time for some Words of Wisdom.
"When one informs you that a task is impossible, take into account that anything is possible if you work hard enough.  What's impossible for one can be possible for another."

Okay duckies, I think that will be all for this post.  My schedule isn't set in stone but I do know that I am off next week Monday so I'll try to squeeze in a post and let you in on my life.

I love you for reading.
Stay fabulous and have a sassy week.

-Gabriel Anderson

No comments: