Monday, January 12, 2009

Sassasaurus

Morning duckies! I know all is well because that's how life should be. I'm really enjoying the single life, more so than I've ever have. One of Beyonce's songs, on her newest album "I Am...Sasha Fierce," used to epitomize my feelings about being single. It's called "Scared of Lonely."


(If you wanna hear it, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6VRfTY1rZI.)

At this point in my life being in a relationship is something else I don't need on my plate. Nowadays, my plate is full and I find myself binge-eating more than usual. I need some time for me. I haven't had much time to work on the relationship with me...not even as a child. From 5th to 12th grade I went to Choir Academy of Harlem (home to the Boys Choir of Harlem) and I hardly had a minute to myself.



I would always be somewhere around the world: all over the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, Japan, Lincoln Center, Madison Square Garden, Carnegie Hall, the Met, the White House, etc. I was basically a productive/talented child slave. However, I don't regret a second of it. I would not be the beautiful person I am today without the phenomenal molding of Boys Choir...and our late founder, Dr. Walter J. Turnbull.



He passed away March 23, 2007 and it was the saddest day of my life. I never lost anyone really close to me and when he left for Heaven I fell apart. The really sad thing is he passed away while I was on my way home, to see him. Dr. Turbull taught me so many wonderful things. One of them being 'never be anything you're not.' I love and miss you so much Dr. Turnbull. (I'm getting chocked up...next subject.)

In regards to the topic of family, I had to catch a ride to Saturday's baby shower with my grandparents and I loved it. I forgot how funny they are. Before we left they were telling me how proud they are of me, in between their little "married-couple" fights. It was precious. Plus, my grandfather is hilarious. He's an English major alum from Virginia Union University and I love exchanging witty banter with him.



You know what else I love? I love the movie "Jurassic Park." I just love dinosaurs. But when I first saw the movie I was scared $hitless.



When I was younger (I can't recall the exact age) my grandmother took me to the "Jurassic Park" exhibit at the Museum of Natural History. I was so excited! When we got there I was bouncing off the walls. (This part I must have blocked-out because my grandmother remembers it vividly and I don't.) Supposedly when I saw the "Jurassic Park" exhibit's sign I ran in front of my grandmother, far into the exhibit. Grandma said that I ran into their "actual-size" T-Rex and I took one glance up at it....and bolted out of the exhibit. Grandma said I just took off and she caught me right before I could reach the museum's main entrance/exit.



I totally believe her too because dinosaurs amaze me but if I ever ran into one, I'd run until my legs fell off...or until they ate them lol. But I have to say my favorite part of the film is toward the end, when T-Rex kills the velociraptors in the visitor's center lobby. When he lets out a deafening roar a banner (that reads "When dinosaurs roam the Earth") descends in front of him. T-Rex looks like such a diva. Check out this video to see the actual scene and my re-enactment. (You're gonna hear Gabriella laughing in the background.)



Loves it. Anywho, let's get to the quote of the day for Jan 12th:

"You can't help who you are and when you try to suppress your very nature, you lose a vital part of your being. Be yourself and care not what others think. Life is beautiful and you've got nothing to be ashamed of."

With that being said don't tie yourself in knots trying to hold back what you really want out of life.



I love you. I wish you the best of happiness. Stay true duckies.

Peace, love & Obama,
Gabriel Anderson