Sunday, January 11, 2009

Congratulations, It's A (Couture) Girl

Hey duckies. I've come to realize a lot over the past couple days. I've discovered that my life is so eventful (even without me trying to liven it up). In addition to my life always being festive, I've come to the conclusion that my life is truly mine. I am going to live my life exactly the way I want. Others are in your life for a reason. Conversely, your life is yours to govern. Of course there's like the law to abide by (no offense criminals) but life is meant to be taken advantage of. With that being said I need to concentrate on the relationship with myself.



I, like Samantha Jones (from "Sex and the City"), like testing my options and being single is going to be my way of doing so. Devin and I have decided that we need to be best friends right now because I'm too busy for a relationship. When my life goals are fully developed...I'll find a cure for my SamanthaJonesitis lol. Oh! I have a new word of the week (well phrase to be exact.) The new "Word/Phrase of the Week" is:

Caffed Up: (meaning) heavily dependent and effected by significant amounts of alertness medication or "caffeinated" elements; totally obliterated.
Ex: "My day goes by so fast when I'm 'caffed up.'"



Speaking of caffed up I was so caffed up at my mom's best friend's baby shower today.


(This is not a picture of the actual baby shower. I just thought this picture was so cheesy and tacky lol.)

I took a 5-hour energy and a Red Bull...at the same time. I have no idea how I'm alive right now lol. Anyway the baby shower was so glamorous. My mother designed the whole thing with her "vision." She put up white and pink fabric with coordinated streamers, African-Wildfire Orchids (well that's how they looked), pearl tablecloths and everything else A-list. However, everything didn't go smooth while planning. Here's a video to show you the sass everyone had to deal with because Mommy had a "vision."



Yeah...talk about sass. But sass aside my Mom is a gem. The baby shower was a total hit and the sass was well-deserved lol. Joy (my mom's best friend and baby shower "it" girl) got soooooo much stuff. She got over $1,000 in cash, gift cards and tons of gifts. (When we brought all the stuff into her apartment's family room, we could barely walk without stepping over anything.) One of the gifts (courtesy of Gabriella) was a pair of pink baby Uggs. They were soooooo cute. Anywho, I was the baby shower's bartender so you know everyone was having a good time lol. After the shower, we started cleaning up and Gabriella & I came across some unattended balloons. (If you guys didn't know I used to be a helium junkie lol.) I recently taught Gabriella how to successfully obtain helium out of a balloon without popping it; watch the skills in this video!



...she's so precious.
Now watch what happens when an addict is given his drug of choice. Viewer beware lol.



I've made peace with the fact that I'm crazy and I wouldn't have it any other way. But enough about me, let's get to the quote of the day for January 11th:

"Friends are living, breathing extensions of your personality. Like your personality, friends are there 24/7. If you're friends only 'clock-in' (only) when its convenient to them, move on with your life; your personality will adjust."

I'd like to give a shout-out to a new blogger, a good friend of mine, Elle Fox. Her link is http://underratedchic.blogspot.com/. She's an A-list city girl with a life as entertaining as mine. Show her some love guys. With that being said, my energy supplements are wearing off so I'm going to hit the bed..literally lol. I wish you the best of happiness. Stay true duckies.

Peace, love & Obama,
Gabriel Anderson

No comments: