Friday, January 9, 2009

The Unseen

Hey duckies. (Let me just get to it.) Due to some (very) unfortunate events, Devin and I were unable to see "The Unborn." (I don't even wanna go into details lol.) However, we did see "Four Christmases"



which was hilarious. My favorite quote from the movie was:
"You can't have families without 'lies.'" LMAO, isn't that awesome?! So clever. Kudos to the writers of "Four Christmases." Believe it or not, the movie wasn't centered around Christmas. It was about the power we try to have over our lives and how that power struggle affects others in our lives. It was deep.

By the way it's Devin's birthday today.



Happy birthday Devin! I know we spent your birthday eve together (and I was the first to call you on your birthday...even though I was sitting right next to you lol) but I just want you to know that you're amazing.
OH!
On our late night stroll (well early birthday stroll, for Devin) we saw this precious bulldog. He was pooping (lol) but I was like "OMG. A bulldog. I want one of those." So I walk up to the bulldog (after he finished pooping, of course) and make eye contact with it for like 5 seconds. All of a sudden, the dog's jumping on my leg, going ape-shit.



I felt like I was in the next episode of "When Animals Attack." The owner of the dog immediately saw this and calmed him down. (I later learned the dog's name was "Rome.") I wanted to pet him and Rome let me. After the fact that I was nearly-mauled Devin told me that I wasn't supposed to make direct eye contact with a dog because it's like I'm dominating him; I intimidated poor Rome. My bad Rome! I still love you. You're so adorable. (But don't you ever sass-attack me again. Kthanksbye.)

Speaking of attacking, looking back at last semester I feel like I left some of my true friends for dead. I hardly spent anytime with them. It wasn't my fault (entirely). It seemed like the same drama was happening with them and that gets old quick. If it's not "The Hills" or "The City," I'm not up for it.
In addition to that, I made tons of new friends...of course there was drama. But it was new, healthy drama; drama necessary for life. Anywho, I just want to shout-out my true-blue friend Lily for always being there. Even when I didn't call back (sorry) or didn't stop by your apartment as much (sorry) or when I didn't invite you to parties (sorry)...WOW. I was an a$$hole lol. But all I have to say is...



Like what was I thinking?! We're both so A-list. Plus, now that I have a BlackBerry we could go to lunch and stuff and put them on the table like true celebrities. Yaaaay, fame! LOL, love you Lily. Forgive my foolish ways.

In other news, Obama hit the cover of The New York Post yesterday...with other past presidents.



I'm not going to lie, I did not read the article. I didn't even have time to read my horoscope lol. I was at work and I saw a newspaper with Obama on it and I snatched it up. I did hang the cover in my office. (I just looked at it.) Obama is such a beautiful man. When I saw his last debate with McCain, I knew he was going to be president. I was so captivated by the suppleness of his skin and striking face and the accuracy of his well-tailored suit. I wanted to reach into my HD screen and touch his face. Whenever McCain spoke, Olay anti-wrinkle serum commercials kept playing in my head. Plus it looked like he had to keep tucking his neck-goobles in his collar.



(Yes, I just created the word lol.)
I'm glad Obama is going to be the Prez of the United States. Yaaaay (half) A-A!

Anywho, I'd like to take the time to shout-out a very special friend.



Axel, you always comment on my blog and you honestly make me feel so loved. We finally became friends this year (I don't know why it took so long) but every time you comment on my blog, IM me, Facebook me, or just speak to me...it makes my life. Thank you Axel. You are the $hit.

With that being said, let's get to the quote for Jan 9th:

"When you don't get your way, imagine yourself in the opposing force's shoes. Look at your view from a different angle and new methods of persuasion will blossom. This is your life (you should get whatever you want)."

Okay, I'm at work and I've yet to start actually working lol. I wish you the best of happiness. Stay true duckies.

Peace, love & Obama,
Gabriel Anderson

No comments: