Sunday, March 29, 2009

Haunted in Hartford

Duckies! Yes, I have been a bit negligent with posting but I've been super-busy with life. I'm tending to summer internship paperwork, Red Cap duties, homework, family, my social life and myself. I just made a new away message and Monica really liked it. It reads:
"There comes a time in life when one has to die in order to live; it isn't a sad death but more of an inner-awakening."

I have no idea where such insight came to me so early this morning--10AM is early for a college student--but I wanted to share that with you.
Speaking of Monica, she, Graham and I had a homework party last night. But like any homework party it became a party among the company of books. We accomplished some assignments but not as many as we planned.

Let's face it...homework sucks! Plus it's not even homework. It's dormroomwork. Nonetheless we finished our assignments...well I know I did lol.
In other news, Garret, Josh and I have decided to live together next year. We're going to be suities (suitemates)!

We want Nate to live with us too but none of us have had the chance--or remembers when he's around the suite--to ask him. (Maybe I'll just send him the link to this post lol). We are going to get singles in Park River, the college retirement home on campus. Freshmen year we dealt with the brickhouse projects and our second and third years have been spent with random people. However, we're going to be pampered as seniors! (Ahhhh, I'm going to be a senior in college next year!)
I'm not freaking out, just merely making peace with it in a rash manner lol.
Anywho, this past weekend was an absolute wonder. I traveled afar--on campus--to many destinations: parties, social gatherings and to those I love dearly. I believe it was Friday night that I visited Alyssa's apartment and we were sharing friendly-gossip, of course. Then the subject changed to "Twilight: The Movie" and how pain-stricken Jasper looks in every scene.

If you haven't seen "Twilight: The Movie" please do. It's hilarious. I was a bit hesitant when Gabriella begged Mommy and I to go with her to see it in theaters but afterwards I could only thank Gabriella for such a treat.
Speaking of movies, Graham, Monica and I finally had the chance to see "The Haunting in Connecticut."


It was such an amazing film: there were parts where we jumped, screamed and laughed. For the most part, I'm still afraid when I'm alone in my room. As seen in the previews, there's a scene where the main character (Matt) turns off his TV and sees a dark male figure walk out of his door's threshold. I've been sleeping with my TV on ever since I've seen "The Haunting in CT." I'm such a scared little duckie.

In regards to TV, it brings me great grief to say this but we--my producer and I--have decided to cancel my TV show's production.


"The Antoine Gardner Show," which would have been an ultimate success, would have killed the both of us. With Mallory being so close to graduation and with me stressing over school already we though it'd be best to lessen our load while we were ahead. But duckies, never fear I am full of endless goals.
I was thinking about starting a VLOG (video blog) in addition to the glamorous blog you're reading right now. This weekend Eddie let me borrow his video camera and it felt so good to video tape others while I interjected with witty humor. (I'll give you more details about the VLOG as time progresses.)

I think it's time for the "Word of the Week."
This word of the week is:
Hove - To adore something so purely that it is then transfixed into hate; justified jealousy; hate-love.
Ex: Person 1: "I love you so much that I hate you, Gabriel."
Person 2: "Honeychild, that's called hove. And you have no idea how much I hove you."

Since I'm in good spirits, let me give you some "Words of Wisdom" too.
"We are all collectedly ignorant. Without experiencing the opposite of our usual comfort zone we cannot fully appreciate and understand those who may not agree with us. In order for people to survive, an equal and opposite force needs to be present. Take time to understand."


Lauren, Cliff Morris, Aly and Amanda...
Lauren - This day makes it a year that we've been friends. I remember your party last year and how much fun it was with the Happy Meal Aladdin stickers lol. (Were they Happy Meal stickers??) Happy Birthday honeychild!
Aly - Wooohuh! Regents buddy! Grace! I love you so much and I can't even explain how much I want you to rape this day. Make it yours! Happy birthday sweetheart!
Cliff Morris - Do I really need to express how much I love you?! (Ummm...Yes! lol) I love you so much dude. You are an unbelievably valuable treasure and I can't imagine life without you. Happy birthday my dear people-friend!
Amanda - I am terribly sad that you took this year off from school but I am so happy that I can call you a friend. I love you with all my heart and I had a great time at your party...even though you might not remember lol. Happy birthday baby girl!
Okay duckies, it's time for me to start my beautiful day. It looks like it's about to rain but nothing stops me from loving the world.
I wish you the best of happiness. Stay true duckies.
Peace, love & Obama,
Gabriel Anderson

2 comments:

t5soul said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFObr-PtkAU

JForrestQ said...

I love the away message you wrote! Keep up the good work Squiggz!

P.S. I'm considering an RPW minor and I have been recommended for it. I thought you would be a good person to talk about that with.