Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Confused Snow

Hey duckies. I am so out of it right now. It's been such a randomly confusing and eventful day. First and foremost I would like to thank every duckie for believing in the snow day.



Today was amazing. I went to bed around 7am; I was up late creating a personal essay, (about the lady who sassed me, about her resistant M&M's). I think it came out really well. I didn't do anything really today. I conversed with my suitemates (it was so fun) and I had the privilege of being on "Notorious Shenanigans and Kontraband."



This phenomenal radio show comes on Mondays from 7PM to 8PM (listen to it online at wsam.hartford.edu--or on campus-- channel 5 or 105.3 FM). Kevin (DJ Skinny) and Tyler (T-Mac) are the best. They even let me go On Air with my dear people-friend Francis. Love you guys.

But you know what I don't love duckies...bisexual men.
Nick (a bisexual male) called me last night as I was writing my personal essay.

The conversation went along these lines:

Me: (sighing) Hello Nick.
Nick: (cheerful) What are you still doing awake?
Me: (taking a sip of Yellowtail) I'm writing a personal essay.
Nick: (saying something for the hell of it) Oh, it's your essay?
Me: (tired, sassy) Evidently if I'm writing it.
Nick: (disregarding the sass) Oh okay...so what's up?
Me: (abrasive) Why are you calling me?
Nick: (pausing) It seems like everyone I've called is sleeping already.
Me: (blunt) Why don't you continue your search.
Nick: (whining) You don't wanna talk to me?
Me: (hanging up) Good night Nick.

Bisexuality aside, it seems as though Nick can't seem to grasp the fact that we are longer and will never be a couple. This sense of confusion reminds me of all bisexual men, (well at least the ones I've dealt with).


I feel as though bisexuality is like being Diet Gay. I know life is hard but being a chameleon of sexuality isn't fair to people. If you're willing to be involved with someone let them no upfront what team you wanna join.



But duckies, in order to be able to let other people know what team you want to join, you have to be able to honestly evaluate what kind of player you are.

Okay duckies, here's some more philosophy. Here are some "Words of Wisdom."

"Never allow yourself to be distracted by attractive distractions. In order to steer clear of frivolity make sure to stay focused on the goal at hand and to efficiently evaluate the significance of distractions. Focus is key to success."

Okay duckies, I am tired from this day of fun and enlightening confusion. Believe in yourself.
I wish you the best of happiness. Stay true.

Peace, love & Obama,
Gabriel Anderson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u come up wit the funniest
pics & insert the wierdest
commentary. i live 4 it.